Finalizing your e-commerce website is great, but it’s probably just the beginning step towards preparing your site for the World Wide Web. More could still be done to optimize your site for better performance, so you could offer the best quality of service to your clients. Some of these steps may be optional but they are paramount if you want to launch a successful e-commerce business.
Here are the lists you NEED to do after launching your e-commerce website
Let us go through some of the most important things you need to do to effectively:
- Ensure your site is backed up – Many technical hitches are usually encountered, which have the potential of completely bringing down your website. To avoid losing all of your data, regularly backing up your site could prove useful as it will speed up your recovery time in case of any unfortunate data loss. Hackers could also potentially gain control of your site, and potentially hold your data for ransom. Having a back-up will save you additional costs in such a scenario. Many hosting providers offer backup options, but if you are using a CMS such as WordPress, you could find a suitable backup plugin.
- Set Up a Site Map – There are several steps you should take to make your site Search Engine Friendly, one is setting up a sitemap. A sitemap is a file that will enable search engines to index your website. This greatly contributes to SEO and also keeps the search engine from accessing other files.
- Configure Analytics – Analytics will help you keep track of traffic and it will go a long way in revealing insights on how your e-commerce website is doing. With analytics configured, you can track.
- Daily Visitors.
- Compute Conversion rates.
- Demographics of your website visitors.
- Types of devices they use.
- Bounce rate.
All the above data and so much more, which could help you understand the current state of your business, and also reveal optimizations that you could make to offer a better quality of service. There are several analytics tools such as Google Analytics which could help you achieve just this.
- Add Cache settings – Your e-commerce website probably has lots of images, which probably have a large memory size and usually account for a large percentage of the bandwidth. If your users’ devices load the same images every single time they visit a page, then this could slow down your website. To avoid this caching could enable you to specify an amount of time which assets should be retained on user’s devices, to prevent them from being loaded every single time, and this contributes significantly towards speeding up your web page load times.
- Perform on-site SEO – on-site SEO comprises of a few steps which you could take to make your e-commerce website be displayed in the right manner when viewed through a search engine. This involves procedures such as adding metatags and h1 tags on your source code which is used to tell a potential visitor what a specific page is about before they visit. Also note that giving your images names that describe their content and also using alt image tags, contributes toward SEO.
- Perform Off-site SEO – After launching your e-commerce site, you need to market it. Marketing is not only crucial for you to potentially gain new clients but also to improve your website’s ranking on search. Off-site SEO is mostly achieved through getting backlinks for your site, which are simply other websites linking to your site. You could target bloggers that talk about your commodity and get them to not only promote your site and products but also share links to your website.
- Set up a Mailing list subscription option – Online marketing is a crucial aspect for any business. You need to keep in touch with your clients and keep them up to date on the latest products. You also need a way to take them through the marketing funnel to improve conversion rates. A mailing list signup options could help you achieve all the above. Having a way to continually update your clients will greatly contribute to the growth of your business.
- Set up social media accounts – Not all potential clients will be comfortable with providing their email address, and having alternatives such as social media will help reach out to such individuals. Social media accounts for your websites could also offer other advantages such as
- Enabling your clients to share your products or pages on their social media accounts.
- Acting as a communication channel to your clients, enabling them to connect or leave feedback.
- Building up an online community around your brand, which as a result also builds trust around your brand.
- Keeping your website up-to-date – After launching your website, you need to continually update information on items and also add more products to keep your site relevant. If your website visitors don’t perceive a change each time they visit, then they could probably assume a lack of activity and rarely visit your website.
- Setting up Google alert mentions – Google alert mentions will help you keep track of how your e-commerce business is being mentioned on other websites, blogs, and any other online platforms. This is crucial as it will help you know how much of an online presence your business has established and enable you to know what people are saying about your website. This could prove to be a valuable source of unbiased feedback.
Many steps need to be taken after launching your e-commerce business, to get the most out of it. The steps outlined above are crucial and still, more could be taken to ensure that your website not only launches but launches successfully. You could find PHP development services in Kolkata, India or your state of residence to be informed of and make further optimizations on your e-commerce business to launch it effectively.